Site Reliability Engineer
Product and Technology
We are constantly seeking people that want to change the way the payment market is structured today. We are building a new infrastructure that allows the entrance of new payment players on a R$1.4tri market dominated by a few companies for the past 15 years. We do this by offering a platform where any company can be their own payment service.
To build this infrastructure, we need to build an amazing and scalable product. We need the best developers. "Move fast and break things" doesn't really work for the type of system that we build. We tend to reduce technical debt and prioritize quality over a fast release.
How we work
We are not attached to a specific set of programming languages or architecture, we have several challenges and we are free to choose the best way to attack each one of them, following state-of-the-art software development practices and choosing the best programming language and stack to solve what we need. Today we are building:
- Horizontally scalable micro-services written mostly in Node.js or Go
- Data storage in MongoDB and Postgres
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS, GCLOUD and Azure
- A highly modular front-end that integrates the design team in the development process
You can check out our detailed core key-values explanation if you want to know more about how we work
What we are looking forWe are looking for people passionate for coding, with experience on building scalable products and exceptional technical background. Technology is the most important part of our business, so we need people who wants to know more about our market, about how the payment ecosystem works and help us to change it. We want people that connects with our business and we want to build something that will change Brazil.
What you and your team will do
In general, an SRE team is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, capacity planning, development of internal tools and software architectures for our product teams.
Typically, we hire about a 50-50 proportion of people who have more of a software background and people who have more of a systems background. It seems to be a really good combination.
You may apply if you:
- Have previous experience on building something you are proud of
- Are open to learn new programming languages and tools
Are well versed in one or more of the five topics below:
- 1 - Logging
- Understand how to build complex queries in tools like Elastic Search
- Have experience with building views with tools like Kibana
- Have experience with aggregating tools like Log Stash or FluentD
- 2 - Monitoring
- Have experience with tools like Prometheus and Grafana
- Have experience with cloud provider logging tools like AWS Cloudwatch
- Have experience with alert tools like Pingdom or Pagerduty
- 3 - Cloud Provider Solution Engineering
- Understands deeply at lease one cloud provider deeply like AWS or Google Cloud
- Knows how to build infrastructure as a code, using tools such as Terraform to modularize our infrastructure with scalability and security in mind
- Security knowledge is a nice-to-have
- 4 - Kubernetes administration
- Understands Kubernetes deeply
- Use Kubernetes package manager and networking models
- Knows how to define the cluster security rules for different cenarios
- 5 - Internal tools engineer
- Have experience architecting services to provide our back ends with boilerplate code so they can focus on coding business logic
- Knows how to build tools to accelerate the development and deploy across the company
We might like you even better if you:
- Have background in fault-tolerant systems
- Have passion to deliver state-of-the-art softwares
- Opportunity to build a product with high impact and scale on the market
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
- Subsidy to sports practicing
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!